San Francisco, CA
SquareSan Francisco, CA
Software EngineerOct. 2018 - Present
- Developed features to improve detection and mitigation of credit risk exposure across Square's Seller products. Including new product work, and reducing technical debt across internal infrastructure.
- Integrated with internal ML and real time event evaluation infrastructure for use cases across fraud and credit risk at Square.
- Developed integration with Apple's DeviceCheck service for Square POS, reducing repeat fraud from iOS devices on the platform.
- Designed and developed internal functionality to recover funds by offsetting hard connected Square account balances, in real time.
- Active participant in the Square engineering hiring pipeline, regularly conducting interviews with candidates.
FUJIFILM SonoSiteBothell, WA
Software Engineer IIIJuly 2017 - Sept. 2018
Software Engineer IIAug. 2016 - July 2017
Software Engineer ContractorOct. 2015 - Aug. 2016
Software Engineer InternMay 2015 - Sept. 2015
- Designed and developed REST APIs using Node.js, and Express, with MySQL databases.
- Developed architecture for scalable deployments on AWS. Optimized applications for wide deployment and automatic configuration.
- Worked on an Angular SPA front end web application that interfaces with a REST API.
- Implemented new functionality on Windows 10 based system application using C++, including client side integration with REST APIs.
- Used PKI to implement secure authentication scheme and certificate installation procedure for IoT devices.
- Developed thorough unit tests, REST API tests, integration tests, and other tools to automate testing functionality of various applications. Including internal web based diagnostic tools.
University of WashingtonBothell, WA
B.S. in Computer Science and Software EngineeringMay 2015 - Sept. 2015
- GPA 3.58
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society
- Dean’s List Winter 2014, Winter 2015
- Study Abroad Program: Japanese Language — Keio University - Tokyo, Japan
- Study Abroad Program: Japanese Language and Culture — Sophia University - Tokyo, Japan
- Developed an open source chat bot for iMessage, written in Swift for macOS.
- Supports extensibility for additional commands to be added through a flexible plugin bundle design.
- Used technologies such as: AppleScript scripting library, contacts, Realm, NSBundle modularization, GCD dispatch queues.
- Developed a split timer app for iOS and watchOS for release on the App Store as a submission for the WWDC 2016 student scholarship.
- Written entirely in Swift using modern frameworks.
- Used technologies such as: UIKit, auto layout, location services, MapKit, Core Data, notifications, key commands, WatchConnectivity, and WatchKit.
Frameworks: Node.JS, Express, Bootstrap, Angular, Django, PKI
Databases: MySQL, Amazon Aurora, SQLite, Realm
Tools: Git, Xcode, Visual Studio, JIRA, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro
Services (AWS): S3, EC2, SES, RDS, CloudWatch
September 21, 2020